Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh MY!

Whew! Christmas is over and here comes the new year ahead. Most of the decorations have been taken down, of course not the tree, not until the New Year is here. I am still not sure why we do that, it is just one of those things that become part of the tradition and you follow it. *Note to self: Find out why we do that*
In the midst of all the Christmas Chaos my dryer died. I was sad for about a minute and a half until I realized that it might not be completely dead. It still ran it just would not get hot. So off came the back of the thing and upon inspecting the heating element it was burnt up. So a new part was quickly ordered online and then we had to wait. Waiting is not something the laundry in this house does very well. It was either too cold or wet outside to hang the clothes on the line so we hung lines across the bedroom. My oldest just shook her head at the hillbilliness (Is that a word? Probably not.) of it all but hey, you do what needs to be done and that is all there is to it. Today the blessed part arrived! Yea! I immediately hooked it all back up, gave it a bit of a spin and voila, heat was made. So, $60 for a part vs. $400 for a new dryer.....we win.
As a family we accumulated quite the stash of games this year for Christmas and boy has it been fun. Sarah got Disney Scene it! for her birthday and Are you smarter than a 5th grader for Christmas, both have been fun and the kids really enjoy playing. We got Yahtzee, which we taught Taylor how to play, Jenga and Pictureka (sp?) Fun, fun and more fun. Blue got a trivia game for the PS3 that has buzzers and it is really cute. Did I mention the "family" got rock band 2? Ok, we all love to play it, but Blue....He holds us all hostage until we play and then keeps saying three more songs until we have done maybe 50. lol He REALLY likes that game. It is good to see him so happy.
The chickens are sooooo mad at me. When it was so cold out we had bought them some Scratch grain as treats in the mornings and evenings because it boosts their body heat. Well the little addicts started holding out for the treats and have slowed on eating the real food, so I cut them off. They are so not happy. They knocked the water over, just for spite. They yelled at me like they were starving to death when the food trays were full. They keep kicking litter into the feed to hide it so I will feel sorry for them, I don't. I threw a hand full of food out like it was scratch and they all went running for it, but when they realized what it was I swear their was some bad words coming from those sharp little tongues. I gave them some greens and went on my merry way, oh I dread the wrath of tomorrow.
Well, in the immortal words of Scarlet, "I'll worry about that tomorrow." Have a great night.

No comments: